Beer and Wine
Here are some important things you need to know
about beer/wine during the SC Festival of
Discovery! Questions? Don't hesitate to reach out!
- No BYOB or coolers
- Persons must be twenty-one (21) years of age to purchase/consume alcohol in accordance with state law
- Beer and/or wine can be purchased and taken outside in the defined festival area (signs will denote where alcohol can not go past)
- Establishments where beer/wine can be purchased to be taken outside are:
- Buffalo Grill of Greenwood (327 Main Street)
- Buenavista Cuban Café (322 Main Street)
- Flynn's on Maxwell (120 Maxwell Avenue)
- Good Times Brewing (233 Maxwell Avenue)
- Howard's on Main (330 Main Street)
- Inn on the Square (104 E Court Avenue)
- Montague's Restaurant (115 Hampton Ave Ste N)
- T W Boons (405 Main Street)
- Polo’s Restaurant (328 Main Street)
- Southern Soul on Main (312 Main Street)
- The Mill House (237 Maxwell Avenue)
- Sled Dawg Brewing (220 Phoenix Street)
- No glass containers or bottles outside. Venues will provide you with plastic cups.
- Beer/wine can be possessed in the defined Uptown area Thursday, July 6, 2023 from 6 PM - 11 PM, Friday, July 7, 2023 from 11 AM - 11 PM, and Saturday, July 8, 2023 from 11 AM - 11 PM.
- No liquor outside. You are responsible for what is in your cup.
- To consume and possess beer/wine outside, patrons must purchase a wristband. The wristbands are $10 each. Payment must be made in CASH ONLY. The wristbands are good through Saturday. Each individual obtaining a wrist band must be present with a valid ID. Please note that even if you are in possession of a wrist band, you are still subject to be identified with a valid ID when purchasing beer/wine.
- The Wristband Tent will be located in front of Howard's on Main (330 Main St).